India successfully carried out a test launch of the tactical ballistic missile Prithvi-II from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha coast. The Prithvi-II missile struck its target with high accuracy. The user training launch successfully validated all operational and technical parameters of the missile.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
India Carries Out Test Launch of Indigenously Developed Prithvi-II Missile Successfully – Key Points
- Prithvi-II is an indigenously developed surface-to-surface Missile short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) and has a range of around 250 km to 350 km.
- Prithvi-II can carry a one-tonne payload.
- Prithvi-II has a proven system and is capable of striking targets at ranges up to 5000 kilometers with high degree precision.
- It has a well-established system and is an integral part of India’s nuclear deterrence.
- The Defence Ministry has announced that the missile struck its target with high accuracy and the launch successfully validated all operational and technical parameters of the missile.
- The Prithvi-II missile has given a major boost to India’s nuclear power.
About Prithvi Missile
The Prithvi is a tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) of India under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMPD). It is deployed by India’s Strategic Forces Command. The Government of India launched the integrated guided missile development program in 1983.