The National Security Guard (NSG) is hosting the Multinational Joint Anti-Terror Exercise (JATE) under the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS) at NSG Manesar Garrison. Stage 1 of the exercise was conducted from 27th July to 1st August 2022 by the National Terrorist Forces of SCO Members Countries in their respective territories.
Key Points related to SCO Joint Anti-Terrorist Drill
- The Exercise aims to exchange expertise, and best practices, and build synergies between counter Terrorism Forces of the SCO RATS member countries.
- The second phase of the exercise will be conducted from 8th October 2022 to 13th October 2022.
- The Stage-2 Exercise will be conducted at Manesar Garrison, in which eight representatives from the National Counter Terrorism Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Russian Federation, and NSG of the Republic of India are participating.
- Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS) is one of the permanent organs of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
- The objective of the exercise is to provide a platform for the participating member countries to enhance their operational capabilities and exchange experience in Combating Terrorism, Separatism, and Extremism.