India and Maldives have signed an agreement for the establishment of ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in Male, Maldives. The Emergency Medical Service is financed by India under grant assistance of 20 million USD for neighbouring countries. This will help to increase the collaboration between the countries, especially in the areas of health care facilities, disaster responses during critical times, etc.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
India’s role towards neighbours during COVID-19:
- In April 2020, India extended 150 million USD to the Maldives under foreign currency swap support.
- India launched Operation SAGAR to provide medical supplies, food items, Ayurvedic medicines to the countries Seychelles, Mauritius, Maldives, Comoros.
- India launched Operation Samudra Setu to evacuate Indian citizens stranded in the Maldives.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- President of the Maldives: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
- Capital of Maldives: Male; Currency of the Maldives: Maldivian Rufiyaa.
Find More News Related to Agreements