India has crossed the 200-Crore milestone in its cumulative COVID19 vaccination campaign, which is a historic accomplishment. Preliminary reports indicate that 2,00,00,15,631 dosages had been given nationwide. It was accomplished over 2,63,26,111 sessions. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated his compatriots for achieving this important goal in a tweet. He described the immunisation campaign in India as unparalleled in magnitude and rapidity. Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, the minister of health for the Union, also praised the nation for reaching this milestone in just 18 months by saying that this tremendous accomplishment will be inscribed in history.
- India began using cutting-edge technologies like CoWIN for evaluating geographical coverage, tracking AEFI for vaccines, promoting inclusivity and for providing a single reference point for citizens to follow their vaccination schedule.
- India also prioritised vaccine administration based on scientific evidence and international best practises. These initiatives were part of the country’s “Make-in-India” and Make-for-World Strategy.
- In order to ensure capacity building for carrying out this nationwide activity, a number of systematic interventions were also carried out.
- Utilizing and strengthening the already-existing supply chain for COVID19 vaccine storage and delivery, efficient usage of vaccines and syringes, and effective monitoring of vaccine distribution were all achieved.
- Through programmes like Har Ghar Dastak, Workplace CVC, School-based vaccination, immunisation of people without identity documents, Near-to-Home CVC, and Mobile Vaccination Teams, India’s free and voluntary nationwide COVID19 vaccination exercise is also being carried out in a citizen-friendly manner.
- The National COVID19 Vaccination Programme in India also achieved geographic and gender parity, with 71 percent of CVCs situated in rural regions and over 51 percent of vaccine doses given to women.
Important Takeaways For all Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare: Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar
- Union Health Minister: Dr Mansukh Mandaviya