India and Egypt signed an MOU to facilitate content exchange, capacity building, and Co-Productions between Prasar Bharati and the National Media Authority of Egypt. The MoU was signed by Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting, Youth Affairs, and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur, and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Government of Egypt, Sameh Hassan Shoukry.
The MoUs were exchanged between the two countries in the presence of the Prime Minister of India and the President of Egypt following the delegation-level talks between the two sides at Hyderabad House in New Delhi.
India Signed MoU Between Prasar Bharati and National Media Authority of Egypt – Key Points
- The MOU is part of the efforts by Prasar Bharati to expand the reach of DD India Channel to showcase the country’s progress through programs focusing on the economy, technology, social development, and also the rich cultural heritage.
- Under the MoU, both broadcasters will exchange their programs of different genres like Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, and many more areas on a bilateral basis and these programs will be telecast on their Radio and Television platforms.
- The MOU which will be valid for three years will also facilitate co-productions and training of the officials of both broadcasters in the latest technologies.
- Prasar Bharati, a Public Service Broadcaster in India currently has 39 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with foreign broadcasters for cooperation and collaboration in the field of broadcasting.
- These MoUs provide for the exchange of programs with foreign broadcasters in the field of culture, education, science, entertainment, sports, news, etc.
- The MoUs also provide for co-production opportunities related to themes of mutual interest and knowledge sharing through training.