The National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) and Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU). The pact between NABH and HSSC aims at recognition of the HSSC certificate for NABH accreditation and develops training programs for skilling, reskilling, and upskilling required for healthcare professionals.
NABH and HSSC Signed MoU for Recognition and Skilling of Healthcare Professionals – Key Points
- The collaboration between HSSC and NABH will help achieve the goal of enhancing healthcare quality in the country.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Dr. Selvakumar, Secretary of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, and Livelihood, the government of Karnataka, and Dr. Devi Shetty, Chairman, of the Healthcare Sector Skill Council.
- Dr. Atul Kochhar, CEO of NABH noted that the partnership with HSSC will assist us in further strengthening the entire ecosystem of patient safety and healthcare delivery.
- NABH standards have brought paradigm shifts in delivering healthcare services and it has helped in sensitizing healthcare workers about their responsibilities.
- Ashish Jain, CEO of HSSC, has briefed that the collaboration with NABH will facilitate better placement and apprenticeship opportunities for HSSC-certified healthcare professionals across the country.
- HSSC works closely with industry and academia to create a skills eco-system in the healthcare sector.
- It helps in the development of skilled and work-ready professionals as required by the industry.
About National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers abbreviated as NABH, is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate an accreditation program for healthcare organizations.
About Healthcare Sector Skill Council
The Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC) is a Not-for-Profit Organization, registered under the Societies Registration Act, of 1860. The Council has been promoted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC), and Healthcare Industry Leaders representing both the public and private sectors.