Union Communications Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announced at the Viva Technology 2022 event that India will have full-fledged 5G services by March 2023. Vaishnaw told that the 5G spectrum auction will be concluded by the end of July, adding that Telecom is the key source of digital consumption, and it is very vital to introduce trusted solutions in telecom.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- India has its own 4G infrastructure, including radios, equipment, and handsets. In March 2023, 4G will be ready for deployment in the field, while 5G will be ready in the lab.
- India should develop the technology and core network for 5G services; this would be a significant achievement for the country.
- The Union Cabinet, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has finally approved the Department of Telecommunications’ (5G) spectrum auction, in which bidders would be assigned spectrum to provide 5G services to the general public and businesses.
- According to a statement from the Ministry of Communications, Telecom Service Providers are expected to use the Mid and High band spectrum to roll out 5G technology-based services capable of providing speeds and capacities that are about 10 times higher than what is currently possible with 4G services.
- Telecom Service Providers are projected to use the Mid and High band spectrum to roll out 5G technology-based services capable of providing speeds and capacities that are roughly 10 times better than what is now possible with 4G services.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister for Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology: Ashwini Vaishnaw