Indian and US militaries to conduct the battalion-level “Yudh Abhyas” exercise between 15th November 2022 to 2nd December 2022. The Yudh Abhyas will be held at Auli in Uttarakhand which from just 100 km from the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The member countries of the “Quad” will conduct the Malabar exercise off Yokosuka in Japan between 8th November 2022 to 18th November 2022. The “Quad” member countries include India, Australia, Japan, and the US. The Quad has declared that it would “deter” any “coercion” in the Indo-Pacific. “Yudh Abhyas” will include high-altitude warfare drills.
Key Points related to Yudh Abhyas
- In the Yudh Abhyas military drill around 350 soldiers from each country are expected to participate.
- The soldiers will witness the employment of integrated battle groups in mountains and extremely cold climates, along with heliborne elements in cold climates.
- In August, the US and Indian forces conducted the “Vajra Prahar” exercise at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh.
- The “Vajra Prahar” involved the special forces of the two countries.
- India to conduct the “Autra-Hind” infantry combat exercise at the Mahajan range in Rajasthan between 28th November 2022 to 11 December 2022.