India vs Australia Head to Head in World Cup Matches
India and Australia have a long-standing rivalry in cricket, and this is particularly evident in the World Cup format. The two teams have met a total of 13 times in ODI World Cups, with Australia holding a slight edge in the head-to-head record. India and Australia are getting ready to play against each other in the final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. This will be India’s fourth time in the World Cup final, while Australia will be in their eighth final. India won twice in the three finals they played, and Australia won five out of the finals they played so far.
India vs Australia Head-to-Head Record
- Australia has won 8 matches
- India has won 5 matches
India vs Australia ODI World Cup Match Breakdown
The cricketing rivalry between India and Australia has been etched with memorable encounters throughout the years. As these two cricketing powerhouses prepare to face off in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, let’s delve into their historical matchups. From the early battles in 1983 to the recent clash in 2023, each encounter has added layers to the narrative of this fierce rivalry. The scoreboard tells tales of triumphs and defeats, with both teams showcasing their prowess on the cricket field. This article provides a detailed breakdown of India and Australia’s head-to-head matches, setting the stage for the anticipation and excitement surrounding their latest clash in the 2023 World Cup.
- 1983: India and Australia met twice in the group stage and won one match each. Australia defeated India by 162 runs, and on the second occasion, India defeated Australia by 118 runs.
- 1987: The two teams met twice in the group stage and won one match each. In the first match, Australia defeated India by 1 run, and in the second clash, India defeated Australia by 56 runs.
- 1992: Australia won by one run.
- 1996: Australia defeated India by 16 runs.
- 1999: Australia won by 77 runs.
- 2003: Australia won by nine wickets; Australia beat India by 125 runs (final).
- 2011: India beat Australia by five wickets (Quarter-Final)
- 2015: Australia beat India by 95 runs (Semi-Final)
- 2019: India won by 36 runs
- 2023: India defeated Australia by six wickets (October 8).