Indian Air Force is conducting the Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise ‘Samanvay 2022’ from 28 November 2022 to 30 November 2022 at Air Force Station Agra.
To assess the efficacy of institutional Disaster Management structures and contingency measures, the exercise will comprise a seminar on Disaster Management, a ‘Multi Agency Exercise’ involving static and flying displays of various HADR assets, and a ‘Tabletop Exercise’.
Indian Air Force Commenced Joint HADR Exercise Samanvay 2022- Key Points
- Along with the involvement of various stakeholders from the country, the exercise will see participation by representatives from the ASEAN countries as well.
- Hon’ble Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh will be Chief Guest for the Capability Demonstration events planned during the exercise on 29 November 2022.
- Samanvay 2022 will promote a synergistic approach towards HADR by various national and regional stakeholders involved in Disaster Management including the Civil Administration, the Armed Forces, NDMA, NIDM, NDRF, DRDO, BRO, IMD, NRS, and INCOIS.
- This multi-agency engagement is expected to contoibute in the evolution of institutional frameworks for effective communication, interoperability, cooperation, and their application for the successful conduct of HADR.
- The exercise also aims to provide a unique platform for the exchange of domain knowledge, experience, and best practices with the participating ASEAN member countries.