The Indian and Indonesian Navies conducted Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the southern Arabian Sea with a focus on further improving their interoperability. The exercise was aimed at improving interoperability and understanding between both the friendly navies.
From the Indian Navy, INS Sharda, an Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) with a Chetak helicopter participated in the exercise. From the Indonesian Navy, KRI Sultan Hasanudin, a 90m Corvette took part in the exercise.
About the PASSEX:
PASSEXes are regularly conducted by IN with units of Friendly Foreign Countries. The last PASSEX between IN and the Indonesian Navy was conducted on 13 Mar 21 between INS Kalpeni, IN Dornier and KRI Sultan Iskandar Muda.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indonesia President: Joko Widodo;
- Indonesia Capital: Jakarta;
- Indonesia Currency: Indonesian Rupiah;
- Chief of Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh;
- Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy): New Delhi.