Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has provided drones named ‘Bharat’ to the Indian Army. The indigenously developed drones are sent in order to provide accurate surveillance along the Line of Actual Control in high altitude and mountainous terrains of Eastern Ladakh.
About Bharat Drones:
- Bharat Drones a series of drones that comes under one of the world’s lightest and agile drone surveillance systems and is made in India.
- Bharat drones are equipped with artificial intelligence which helps the drone to detect friends from foes and helps take any action accordingly. It has been made in a way that ensures its survival in extreme cold weather temperatures.
- The drones are further being developed to perform in harsher weather. Not only this, but the drones can also provide a real-time video transmission during the missions and have advanced night vision capabilities. It can also detect humans who are hidden in deep forests.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indian Army Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Chief of the Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane.