Indian boxers have bagged 9 medals including three gold, two silver and four bronze at the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020, held in Cologne, Germany. India finished 2nd in the overall Medals List, Germany topped the list with 16 medals. The Cologne Boxing World 2020 was hosted by the European Boxing Confederation (EUBC).
List of Medal Winners
- Gold: The three gold medals for India were bagged by Amit Panghal (52kg), Manisha Moun (57kg) and Simranjit Kaur (60kg) in their respective categories.
- Silver: Silver medals were claimed by Sakshi Choudhary (57kg) and Satish Kumar (91kg).
- Bronze: Sonia Lather (57kg), Pooja Rani (75kg) Gaurav Solanki (57kg) and Mohamed Hussamudin (57kg) claimed the bronze medal in their respective categories.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- European Boxing Confederation Founded: 2009.
- European Boxing Confederation President: Franco Falcinelli.
- European Boxing Confederation Headquarters: Assisi, Italy.