For the first time in the world, an Indian (Ramkrishna Mukavilli) has been named a Global Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Pioneer for Water Stewardship by the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). The United Nations Global Compact has named ten new SDG Pioneers, who are corporate leaders who are excelling in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by implementing the UN Global Compact Ten Principles on human rights, environment, labour, and anti-corruption.
Professionals working at any level in a firm engaging in the UN Worldwide Compact were targeted for the global search, with winners picked from every continent. Their work covers a wide range of topics, including climate mitigation and adaptation, as well as circular economy and digital transformation.
- MEGHDOOT, the company’s one-of-a-kind solution, is based on an alternative water idea called Atmospheric Water Generation (AWG), which taps into a large, renewable water resource called AIR, which contains six times as much fresh water than all of the world’s rivers combined.
- With global freshwater shortage becoming a hot topic, innovative and revolutionary solutions like MEGHDOOT are needed to quickly ensure water availability for customers.
- Domestic users in water-scarce areas, top Fortune 500 firms, significant public-sector companies, hospitals, schools, under-served communities, and many more have already benefited from the proven technology.
- In this quest, the business has created MEGHDOOT, a nature-based sustainable water solution that can help alleviate global water shortages by creating water on a large scale at a low cost. MEGHDOOT is an Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG) that extracts moisture from AIR, a large and renewable water supply, to produce fresh water whenever and wherever it is required.
- With over 600 installations in 27 countries, the firm is currently a top AWG maker in the world, ensuring water security.
- Top Fortune 500 corporations, huge Indian governmental institutions, people-on-the-go, underserved communities, and even household users in water-scarce areas have all used their proven solution to meet their potable water needs.
By assisting in the establishment of the World’s First Bottling Plant in Hyderabad, which draws all of its water from the AIR and manufactures water at scale, the business has also developed a new Bottled Water category, namely, AIR Water. To date, the firm has created over 100 million liters of fresh water from the air in a sustainable manner, preventing the exploitation of 200 million liters of valuable groundwater and surface water sources.
About Ramkrishna Mukkavilli:
- Ramkrishna Mukkavilli, the Founder and Managing Director of Maithri Aquatech, a Make-In-India company, was previously recognized by the UN Global Compact Network India (GCNI) as India’s SDG Pioneer earlier this year for his work in promoting water security through nature-based water solutions in India and 27 other countries across Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
- After that, he was named one of the ten new SDG Pioneers for 2022.
About Maithri Aquatech:
- Maithri Aquatech is an ESG firm, and their MEGHDOOT product is the only Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG) solution certified by India’s Ministry of Jalshakti.
- MaithriAquatech has created over 100 million liters of fresh water from the air and prevented the exploitation of an estimated 200 million liters of critical groundwater resources.
- Maithri Aquatech is a Made-in-India firm that was formed with the goal of creating water from the air as a new scalable and sustainable category of water while protecting critical ground and surface water supplies.