Indian Railways successfully completed the 180 km per hour speed trial of its new design Vistadome tourist coaches. These Vistadome coaches will make train journeys memorable for the passengers, as well as give a further boost to tourism.
About Vistadome tourist coaches:
- The luxurious tourist’s coaches have been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai.
- The European-style coaches are made with see-through glass rooftops and wide windows for the indulgent sightseeing experience.
- Currently, 13 Vistadome coaches are being operated on select routes including the Nilgiri Mountain Railway line, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Kalka-Shimla Railway, Kangra Valley Railway, Matheran Hill Railway, between Dadar in Mumbai and Madgoan in Araku Valley as well as in the Kashmir Valley.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indian Railway Founded: 16 April 1853.
- Indian Railway Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Union Minister of Indian Railways: Piyush Goyal.