Indian Tennis Player Sania Mirza:
Indian Tennis Player Sania Mirza (36-year-old), the former doubles World No. 1 , has confirmed her retirement from professional Tennis. She announced that the Dubai Tennis Championships, a Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) 1000 event in Dubai in February 2023 will be her last match. Prior to her last appearance, she is going to play in women’s doubles at the Australian Open in 16 to 29 January 2023 alongside Kazakhstan’s Anna Danilina.
Career graph of Sania Mirza:
- She has won six Grand Slam doubles titles
- She won her first grand slam in 2009 by winning Austraian Open Mixed doubles title with Mahesh Bhupathi. The pair also won the French Open 2012.
- She won her 3rd mixed doubles title at the US Open in 2014 with Brazil’s Bruno Soares.
- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis of Switzerland won 3 women’s doubles – Wimbledon 2015, the US Open 2015 and the Australian Open 2016
- Mirza became the first Indian to win a WTA singles title in 2005.
- In 2007, She was ranked among the 30 and also reached her career-high ranking of world number 27(Singles).
- She was ranked India’s No 1 in Singles from 2003 till her retirement from Singles in 2013.
You may also read:
- Mascot, torch and anthem of Khelo India Youth Games 2022 unveiled in Bhopal
- Hyderabad to Host First-Ever Formula E World Championship Race