The biggest floating solar power plant in India is to be set up at Ramagundam in Telangana. It is expected to be opened in May 2021. The cost of the project has been estimated as Rs 423 crores. The power plant will have 4.5 lakh photovoltaic panels.
About the Power Plant:
- The solar power plant is being set up at the Ramagundam Thermal Power Plant reservoir.
- The solar power plant is to be set up in 450 acres of the reservoir.
- The project is commissioned by NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation).
- NTPC aims to reduce its carbon footprints and increase its green energy production to 30% of its capacity through this solar power plant.
- The capacity of the solar power plant is 100 MW.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Telangana Capital: Hyderabad.
- Telangana Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan.
- Telangana Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao.