Olympic Values Education Programme
The Olympic Values Education Programme (OVEP) of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) was launched in Odisha by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, in collaboration with the Abhinav Bindra Foundation Trust (ABFT). The OVEP is a practical set of resources aimed at introducing young people to the Olympic values of excellence, respect and friendship. It will be a values-based curriculum, to be implemented initially in 90 schools in Rourkela and Bhubaneswar, catering to about 32,000 children.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The state of Odisha intends to take OVEP to all its schools and higher education institutions in a phased manner, thereby enabling its young population to truly take on board the Olympic values.
About Olympic Values Education Programme (OVEP)
- It is a series of free and accessible teaching resources created by the IOC, to complement academic curricula using the context of Olympic sports and the core principles of Olympism.
- The programme aims to disseminate this values-based curriculum to help children become active, healthy and responsible citizens.
- A landmark initiative in India’s Olympic movement, the launch of OVEP comes as a build-up to the prestigious IOC 2023 Session.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Olympic Committee Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland;
- International Olympic Committee Director-General: Christophe De Kepper;
- International Olympic Committee Founded: 23 June 1894, Paris, France.