The CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram, will host an International Conference on Chemistry and Applications of Soft Materials (CASM 2022) as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations to mark 75th year of Independence. Discussions on a variety of subjects, including self-assembly and supramolecular materials, soft material chemistry, physics, rheology, and photophysics, responsive and smart materials, gels, liquid crystals, polymers, macromolecules and framework materials, and functional nanomaterials, as well as soft material applications in electronics and energy, will take place at the conference.
- The conference is anticipated to draw at least 300 delegates from both within and outside of the nation, the official added.
- The event will be opened by renowned scientist T Pradeep from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- The conference, according to Ajayaghosh, Director of CSIR-NIIST and Conference Chair, will give researchers and students the ideal setting to share ideas and create new partnerships in the field of soft materials.
- The Department of Science and Technology (DST) will sponsor a session on soft materials for energy applications, and presentations showcasing the technology development initiatives at CSIR-NIIST will also be presented, according to Narayanan Unni, Scientist at CSIR-NIIST and Convener of the Conference.
- A special session will be held to recognise A Ajayaghosh’s contributions to science.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Director of CSIR-NIIST and Conference Chair: Ajayaghosh