P S Vinothraj directed film Koozhangal from India won the best film award in the Asian Film Competition section at the 20th Dhaka International Film Festival. Information and Broadcasting Minister of Bangladesh Hasan Mahmud gave away the awards as Chief Guest during the concluding session organised at the National Museum auditorium in Dhaka.
The list of the award for different categories are:
- The best actor award was given to Jayasurya for Ranjith Sankar-directed film Sunny.
- The Best Script Writer Award went to Indranil Roychowdhury and Sugata Sinha for Indranil Roychowdhury-directed India-Bangladesh film Mayar Jonjal.
- The special audience award was given to Aimee Baruah Directed film Semkhor.
- Sujit Bidari directed film Aina Jhyal Ko Putali from Nepal got the best director award.
- In the Women film maker’s section, the best feature film award was given to Maryam Bahrololumi directed film Shahrbanoo (Lady from the City) from Iran.
- Two Bangladeshi films, Nurul Alam Atique directed Lal Moroger Jhuti and N Rashed Chowdhury directed Chandrabati Kotha got the Audience Award.