The Women and Child Development Ministry celebrates the International Women’s Day week from the 1st of March as an Iconic Week as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. As a part of the week-long celebration, the Ministry will organize various events and social media campaigns covering a variety of themes related to women’s safety and empowerment.
This will mark an occasion to celebrate the progress made towards achieving gender equity and women’s empowerment but also to critically reflect on accomplishments and strive for a greater momentum towards gender equality. It will kick off tomorrow in collaboration with the Bureau of Police Research and Development to raise awareness on the safety and security of women.
Whole week programme Schedule:
- The focus of the events on 2nd March will be on the role played by One Stop Centres in supporting women in distress. The Ministry will launch the Street Manoraksha Project in collaboration with NIMHANS Bengaluru. It will emphasize psychosocial well-being and aims at improving the mental health of women in India.
- On 3rd March 2022, the theme for the celebration is ‘Women of Tomorrow’. There will be a panel discussion on topics like Young Women in STEM – Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions followed by #NariShaktiVarta Fireside Chat on financial literacy with the Union Minister of Women and Child Development.
- On the 4th and 5th of next month, a two-day National Workshop with State Commissions for Protection of Child Rights on Contemporary issues pertaining to Child Rights will be organised in Bhopal.
- On 7th, the Back to School Campaign will be launched focusing on supporting out-of-school girls.
- On 8th March, Nari Shakti Puraskaar will be given. The International Women’s Day Conference for Women Police Delegates from all States and UTs will also be organised.