IPL 2023 final
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) clinched their fifth Indian Premier League (IPL) title, equaling a record with Mumbai Indians. They secured a five-wicket victory over the Gujarat Titans (GT) amidst a backdrop of fireworks and jubilant celebrations. CSK’s captain, Dhoni, received the IPL trophy and subsequently handed it over to Rayudu and Jadeja. Opting to bat first, the Gujarat Titans managed to score 214 for four, with B Sai Sudharsan playing an outstanding innings of 96 runs off 47 balls. However, due to the rain interruption, CSK’s target was adjusted to 171 runs to be chased in 15 overs.
Due to heavy rainfall, the final match scheduled for Sunday was postponed to the reserve day, which was Monday. Ultimately, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) emerged victorious over the defending champions, utilizing the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern Method. In a thrilling encounter at a packed Narendra Modi Stadium, CSK successfully completed their task on the final ball. This match holds significance as it potentially marks the last appearance of the legendary Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the T20 league.
IPL 2023-Full list of Award Winners
- Eden Gardens and Wankhede Stadium share the award for the Best Venues of the Season.
- Shubman Gill wins Orange Cap (890) award.
- Mohammad Shami wins Purple Cap (28) award.
- Ajinkya Rahane wins Fairplay of the Season award.
- Rashid Khan wins Catch of the Season award.
- Faf du Plessis wins Longest Six of the Season (115m) award.
- Shubman Gill wins Most Fours (84) award.
- Shubman Gill wins Most Valuable Player of the Season award.
- Shubman Gill wins Dream11 Gamechanger of the Season award.
- Glenn Maxwell wins Super Striker of the Season award.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal wins Emerging Player of the Year award.
IPL Final Match awardee’s:
- Devon Conway wins Player of the Match award
- MS Dhoni wins Catch of the Match award
- Sai Sudharsan wins Longest Six award
- Sai Sudharsan wins the Maximum Fours award
- Sai Sudharsan wins Most Valuable Asset of the Match award
- Sai Sudharsan wins Gamechanger of the Match award
- Ajinkya Rahane wins Electric Striker of the Match award
IPL 2023 final-Brief scores
- Gujarat Titans: 214/4 (in 20 overs)
(Wriddhiman Saha – 54, Sai Sudharsan – 96)
- Chennai Super Kings: 171/5 (in 15 overs)
( Ajinkya Rahane 27, Shivam Dube 32 not out, Devon Conway 47, Ravindra Jadeja 15 not out; Mohit Sharma 3/36, Noor Ahmad 2/17)
- MS Dhoni claims the Winner’s cheque of INR 20 crore.
- Hardik Pandya claims the Runner-up shield and cheque of INR 12.5 crore.
IPL 2023 final-Playing XI
Chennai Super Kings
- Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Devon Conway
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Ambati Rayudu
- Shivam Dubey
- Moeen Ali
- Ravindra Jadeja
- MS Dhoni (c & wk)
- Deepak Chahar
- Tushar Deshpande
- Maheesh Theekshana
- Shubman Gill
- Hardik Pandya (c)
- Sai Sudharsan
- DA Miller
- Vijay Shankar
- Rahul Tewatia
- Wriddhiman Saha(wk)
- Rashid Khan
- Mohammed Shami
- Mohit Sharma
- Noor Ahmad