Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will be starting ‘Bharat Darshan–Dakshin Bharat Yatra’ from December 12. The Bharat Darshan Yatra will start from Hyderabad and Secunderabad from December 12 to 18. The theme of this yatra will be ‘Show India to Indians’.
About the ‘Bharat Darshan–Dakshin Bharat Yatra’:
- The facility of boarding and de-boarding this tourist train will be available at Secunderabad, Khammam, Nellore, Vijayawada, Warangal, Ongole, and Renigunta.
- The train will have 12 sleeper coaches, one 3-tier AC coach and a pantry car.
- The standard fare for sleeper coaches will be Rs 7,140 and that for three-tier AC will be Rs 8,610.
- The facility of night stays for all the tourists will be made at dormitories or dharmasalas.
- Tourists will also be provided with the morning tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner and a water bottle per day.
- The authorities will arrange non-AC bus transportation on sharing basis and tour escort and security on the train.
- In January 2019, IRCTC also started booking for Shirdi Sai Baba darshan tickets on its website.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- IRCTC Incorporated on September 27, 1999.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary organisation of the Indian Railways.