Israel successfully tested a new laser missile-defence system ‘Iron Beam‘ which can destroy any airborne object including drones. Iron Beam is the world’s first energy-based weapons system that uses a laser beam to shoot down incoming UAVs, rockets, mortars, long-range missiles, anti-tank missiles etc. The Iron Beam which is developed by the Rafael Advanced Defense Systems is using a directed-energy weapon system and can go a long way in providing aerial defence.
Iron Beam: How it works
- Iron Beam works on a fibre laser system to destroy any airborne object.
- Iron Dome defense system has been a great success, with a 90% interception rate against incoming rocket fire.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem;
- Israel President: Isaac Herzog;
- Israel Prime minister: Naftali Bennett;
- Israel Currency: Israeli Shekel.