Dr Michael Irani of Great Britain (GBR) has been appointed as the Interim President of the International Weightlifting Federation(IWF), at the meeting of the IWF Executive Board, in accordance with the constitution of IWF. Michael Irani was appointed following the resignation of IWF President Tamás Aján. Prior to this, Michael Irani was serving as the chairman of the IWF Medical Committee.
About Michael Irani:
- Michael Irani was born in Bombay, India.
- Michael Irani is a leading physician in Rheumatology who works as a Consultant Rheumatologist at Ashford Hospital NHS Trust.
- He was the former Chairman of the anti-doping Commission of IWF.
- He was a member of the IWF Medical Committee since 1992.
- He served as the President of the European Weightlifting Federation(EWF) Medical Committee from 1995 to 1999.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Weightlifting Federation Headquarters: Budapest, Hungary.
- International Weightlifting Federation Founded: 1905.