Jamnalal Bajaj Award 2022:
The Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation has on 8 December 2022 announced the winners of the Jamnalal Bajaj award 2022. The Foundation gives 4 awards in different categories. Three are given to Indians and one award, for promoting Gandhian values outside is given to a foreigner.
Jamnalal Bajaj Award: Categories
- Constructive Works
- Application of Science and Technology for Rural Development
- Development and Welfare of Women and Children
- International Award for Promoting Gandhian Values outside India
Jamnalal Bajaj 2022 winners
For Constructive Works
- Nilesh Desai of Madhya Pradesh has been chosen for the Jamnalal Bajaj award for Constructive Works. He is the founder of the Sampark Samaj Sevi Sansthan which works for the upliftment of the Bhil Community.
Award for Application of Science and Technology for Rural Development:
- Mansukhbhai Prajapati of Gujarat was awarded the Jamnalal Bajaj award for Application of Science and Technology for Rural Development. He was selected for his innovation and entrepreneurship in bringing traditional pottery making into the mainstream. His company Mitticool produces clay products and clay pots .He has helped the rural artisans making clay pottery to find new markets and business.
Award for Development and Welfare of Women and Children:
- Sophia Saik of Odisha was awarded the Jamnalal Bajaj award for Development and Welfare of Women and Children. She is a social service activist who works for women empowerment and gender rights. She is a prominent activist for women beedi workers in Odisha.
International Award for Promoting Gandhian Values outside India:
- Dr Ogirat Younan and Dr Walid Slyabi of Lebanon was awarded the Jamnalal Bajaj award for Promoting Gandhian Values outside India.
- They are the founders of the Academic University College for Non-Violence and Human Rights. They are the pioneers of non-violence in Lebanon and Arab world and spreading the Gandhaian ideas in the region.
About the Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation:
The Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation established in 1977, instituted four Awards, to globally propagate the ideals of Jamnalal Bajaj. The annual awards are the Foundation’s gratifying felicitation to those women and men involved at the grassroots level, who are committed to inclusive development, working in line with Mahatma Gandhi’s constructive work program and who have taken a vow to selflessly serve the people, their community and nation, at large. Jamnalal Bajaj Awards are categorized into three National and one International Award. Each award carries a Citation, a Trophy and a Cash Prize of Rs. 10, 00,000.