National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Reliance Jio have announced that UPI AUTOPAY has now been introduced for the telecom industry with Jio. Jio’s integration with UPI AUTOPAY has made it the first player in the telecom industry to go live with the unique e-mandate feature that was launched by NPCI.
Using the UPI AutoPay launched by NPCI, customers can now enable recurring e-mandate using any UPI application for recurring payments such as mobile bills, electricity bills, EMI payments, entertainment/OTT subscriptions, insurance, mutual funds among others.
Here’s what this means for Jio subscribers:
- Jio users will no longer need to remember their date of recharge once the validity ends.
- The Jio plan opted by the customers would be auto renewed on the set date.
- For recharge amounts up to Rs 5,000, customers do not have to enter the UPI PIN on the execution of the recharge.
- Users can also create, modify, and remove the e-mandate for the tariff plans as per their requirements through UPI Autopay.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- National Payments Corporation of India Founded: 2008;
- National Payments Corporation of India Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- National Payments Corporation of India MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe.