Jio-bp and TVS Motor Company announced that they had agreed to explore the establishment of a comprehensive public EV charging infrastructure in India for electric two-wheelers and three-wheelers, building on Jio-developing bp’s network in this field. Customers of TVS electric vehicles are likely to gain access to Jio-extensive bp’s charging network, which is also open to other vehicles, as part of this proposed agreement.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The partnership’s goal is to build a standard AC charging network as well as a DC fast-charging network.
- According to TVS Motors, this will match with Jio-bp and TVS‘ aim to deliver a vast and reliable charging infrastructure to their customers.
- Both TVS Motor and Jio-bp have developed solutions for a seamless customer journey on their own apps.
- Jio-bp pulse is the brand name for Jio-electric bp’s vehicle charging and swapping stations.
- Customers can use the Jio-bp pulse app to locate charging stations near them and charge their electric vehicles.
- Jio-bp is also developing a charging environment that will benefit all stakeholders in the EV value chain, with the goal of becoming one of India’s largest EV networks.
About Tata Motors:
- The TVS Motor Company has made tremendous progress in the development of innovative electric mobility goods and technology.
- The business has sold over 12,000 units of their high-speed electric scooter TVS iQube since its inception.
- The TVS iQube is a smart, connected, and practical electric vehicle that meets customers’ daily commuting demands.
- The company has committed Rs. 1,000 crore to the electric vehicle market, with a significant amount of that already spent.
- To pave the way for electrification, the company is preparing a full variety of two and three-wheelers with power outputs ranging from 5 to 25 kW, all of which will be available within the next 24 months.
About the Agreement:
- This agreement will aid in the adoption of electric vehicles in the country among two- and three-wheeler customers who want to take the next step toward turning electric.
- The fast spread of these charging stations will widen the horizons of both companies and India’s net-zero emission goal.