Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and JSW Steel have worked together on a decarbonization and sustainability strategy. In order to help JSW Steel on its path to being a net-zero carbon emitter, BCG will make use of its unique CO2 AI platform as well as its top-tier digital and analytics skills. During this time, BCG will also put an emphasis on employee training and improving the sustainable culture throughout our manufacturing operations. Their sustainability measures will need to be scaled up as a result of this revolutionary initiative.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- BCG will use JSW’s patented and exclusive CO2 AI solution to manage change effectively and make an impact. The successful Digital Transformation partnership led to their second strategic engagement with JSW Steel.
- They are thrilled to contribute in strongest skills and cutting-edge solutions to JSW Steel’s sustainability mission.
- The approach entails a thorough target-setting exercise at the level of overall manufacturing, devolving them into shop level targets, and turning emissions targets into doable tasks on operating metrics.
- The rollout across the manufacturing activities will be coordinated by a group of sustainability advocates. A roadmap will be created for all medium- to long-term activities with the goal of introducing new technologies and initiatives, such as the usage of hydrogen and carbon capture and storage, among others.
- A complete evaluation of various technology alternatives pertinent to existing and newly developed capacities and investments necessary to advance sustainability goals will also be included.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- CEO, Boston Consulting Group: Christoph Schweizer
- Joint managing director of JSW Steel and group CFO: Seshagiri Rao