Karnataka DGP Praveen Sood appointed next CBI director
Praveen Sood, the Director General of Police in Karnataka, has been appointed as the next director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The 59-year-old will take on the position for two years after Subodh Kumar Jaiswal’s term ends on May 25.
Karnataka DGP Praveen Sood appointed next CBI director: Key Points
● With an impressive educational background, Sood has previously held roles including superintendent of police of Bellary and Raichur districts, commissioner of police of Mysore City, and police advisor to the government of Mauritius.
● During his tenure as additional director general of police (computer wing), Sood was responsible for the implementation of the Criminal Tracking Network System in Karnataka.
● He has received awards for his innovative use of technology to improve traffic management and road safety.
Karnataka DGP Praveen Sood appointment was cleared in a meeting of a high-powered committee comprising Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud, and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury. The latter reportedly gave a dissent note on the selection of Sood as the next CBI director.
- Ex-NBCUniversal ad chief Linda Yaccarino named as new Twitter CEO
- SN Subrahmanyan New CMD Of L&T, AM Naik Steps Down