Karnataka government has launched the ‘Kashi Yatra’ scheme. The Kashi Yatra project, which offers a cash assistance of Rs 5,000 to each of the 30,000 pilgrims willing to conduct a pilgrimage to the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
For this scheme, the government will be using funds of up to Rs 7 crores from the accounts head of ‘Assistance to Manasa Sarovara Pilgrims’ which was announced in the chief minister’s budget speech for the financial year. Shashikala Jolle, the Minister for Religious Endowment, Hajj and Wakf, said, any pilgrim taking up the government-sponsored ‘Kashi Yatra’ would get the benefit only once in a life time.
Eligibility to apply for the scheme:
- Beneficiary should be a native of Karnataka
- Applicant should be above 18 years old
- Beneficiaries who have already availed the subsidy once are not eligible
- Proof of beneficiaries’ domicile of origin in Karnataka – voter ID, Aadhaar card or ration card.
- Age proof – Aadhaar card, voter ID etc.
Karnataka Government other Schemes:
- ‘Women@Work’ programme
- Vinaya Samarasya scheme
- ‘FRUITS’ software
- Janasevaka Scheme
- Janaspandana platform