Kashmir is set to get its first multiplex: The first multiplex in Kashmir will be opened today in Srinagar by Jammu and Kashmir lieutenant governor Manoj Sinha. After a three-decade hiatus, Kashmir will once again have movie theatres. The three movie theatres of the INOX-designed multiplex will have a combined seating capacity of 520 people.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Kashmir is set to get its first multiplex: Key Points
- There will be a food court on the property to promote regional cuisine.
- The lobbies also have a Kashmiri wood “Khatambandh,” giving them a Kashmiri cultural appearance and highlighting Kashmir’s art and design.
- The public will be allowed access to the multiplex after a special showing of the Aamir Khan film “Lal Singh Chaddha.”
- The latest films will be released and the multiplex will be permanently positioned so that Kashmiris can enjoy the same leisure opportunities as the rest of the nation.
- All movie theatres in the Kashmir valley were closed on December 31, 1990, due to the rise of terrorism.
- Manoj Sinha, the J&K L-G, inaugurated multipurpose movie theatres in Pulwama and Shopian.
- Three years and thirty years after Article 370 was repealed, the union territory now possesses movie theatres.
- On the first day of the movie screening, various kid-friendly movies, including Lal Singh Chadha, were screened in both theatres.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Capital of Jammu and Kashmir: Srinagar
- LG of Jammu and Kashmir: Shri Manoj Sinha
Find More Miscellaneous News Here