Kerala Chief Minister, Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated a project of the Women and Child Development department. This project help to provide milk and eggs to children at all Anganwadis in the state in a bid to improve their nutrition levels. The state government has set aside over Rs 61.5 crore to include milk and eggs in the Anganwadi menu this financial year.
About the eggs and milk scheme:
- Under this scheme, which is considered as a first in the country, each child will be given 125 ml of milk two days a week for 44 weeks (10 months) and an egg twice a week.
- Under this project, four lakh children in the age group of 3-6 from the 33,115 anganwadis of the state will receive eggs and milk twice a week.
- The introduction of milk and eggs for Anganwadi children is intended to improve their nutritional parameters and assumes significance as ending hunger is one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) established by the United Nations.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan;
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.