Kerala Government will Launch the ‘Lucky Bill App’
The Kerala government is set to launch a mobile app where people can upload original bills and also stand a chance to win prizes. The government of Kerala aims to curb GST evasion with this app. The app is named ‘Lucky Bill App’ and it will be launched on 16th August 2022, by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The state government expects this will help increase tax collection as people will be encouraged to ask for bills while purchasing goods and availing services.
- The government is looking for new ways to support the revenue and financial status of the state with this app.
- The app is capable enough to help the state’s GST department to examine return filings with the help of uploaded bills.
- This initiative of the state government was proposed when the compensation from the center concerning the Goods and Services Tax has ceased.
- Finance Minister K N Balagopal has allocated a budget of ₹5 crores for the introduction of the ‘Lucky Bill App’.