Governor of Kerala, Arif Mohammed Khan has inaugurated India’s first Digital University named Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology. A Digital University has been set up in Kerala’s Technocity, Mangalapuram. Kerala University is established by upgrading the two-decade-old state government’s Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Kerala (IIITM-K).
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
University has been started with five schools:
- School of Computer Science and Engineering;
- School of Digital Sciences; School of Electronic Systems and Automation;
- School of Informatics
- School of Digital Humanities
- Liberal Arts, covering science, technology and humanities aspects of the Digital world.
About Digital University In Kerala
- India’s first Digital University will focus on postgraduate programmes and research along with building strong industry-academic and academic-academic linkages with leading institutions in India and abroad.
- Developed on a 10-acre campus in Technocity, the university will provide education to 12,000 residential scholars on the campus and many technology-linked learners outside. The university seeks to lead the Digital Transformation Initiatives announced by the Kerala Government in the Budget 2021.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala CM: Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.