The Kerala government is all set to come up with an alternative to the popular corporate online cab service by launching its own e-taxi service next month, considered to be the first such initiative by any state government in the country. The service named ‘Kerala Savari’, the online taxi hiring service is being rolled out by the state. This is for the first time that a state government is launching an online taxi service in the country.
About the “Kerala Savari”:
- “Kerala Savari”, considered to be the first such initiative by any state government in the country, is being rolled out by the state Labour Department linking the existing auto-taxi networks in the state with an aim to ensure safe and dispute-free travel for the public at affordable rates prevailing in the state.
- The new service would be launched in a function to be held at Kanakakkunnu Palace here on the beginning day of the auspicious Malayalam month of Chingam, which falls on August 17.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan;
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.