The government of Kerala has launched a pioneering eco-sustainable programme called ‘Parivarthanam’, to improve the livelihood of the fishing community. The scheme aims at improving the livelihood skills of youngsters along the coastline and also enable socio-economic uplift of the fishermen community.
Boost your General Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | SBI Clerk Mains & RBI Assistant Mains Exams
About “Parivarthanam” scheme:
- Parivarthanam, which means change, will be headed by Kerala State Coastal Area Development Corporation (KSCADC).
- The scheme will promote the processing and marketing of clean fish and its fresh products.
- Parivarthanam will also guarantee a fixed price to fish-catchers as fair compensation.
- It would also provide jobs to college dropouts and migrant workforce returning home due to Covid-19.
Apart from this, the Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT) of Union governments will monitor the procurement and processing of fish besides ensuring its quality.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan; Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.