Kerala Tourism launched the ‘STREET’ project to promote and take tourism deep into the interiors and rural hinterland of Kerala. The project would help visitors experience the diversity of offerings in these locales. The STREET is an acronym for Sustainable, Tangible, Responsible, Experiential, Ethnic, Tourism hubs.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Aim of the project:
- The STREET project aims to present the unique identity of the state of Kerala before to travellers. It also offers a huge potential for growth in the tourism sector and would bring in significant changes.
- The project will foster mutually beneficial organic relationships between tourism development and the ordinary lives of people in the state of Kerala.
- The project, conceived by the Responsible Tourism Mission, is inspired by the ‘Tourism for Inclusive Growth’ slogan of The United Nations World Tourism Organization.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan;
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.