Why the scheme is in the news?
Launch of Khelo India University Games 2022 Logo, Mascot, Jersey, and Anthem by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur in Uttar Pradesh Tomorrow.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Ministry: – Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
Launch Year: – 2018
The Khelo India Scheme aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Developing and upgrading sports infrastructure
- Promoting sports competitions and talent development
- Establishing Khelo India Centres and Sports Academies
- Encouraging the Fit India Movement
- Fostering inclusiveness through sports
- The scheme’s ultimate goal is to promote “Sports for All” and “Sports for Excellence,” creating a healthier and more active nation.
What is the Khelo India scheme?
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports‘ flagship Central Sector Scheme, the Khelo India Scheme, aims to foster a sporting culture and achieve national sporting excellence by tapping into the transformative power of sports. The scheme, which combines three previous schemes, was re-introduced during the 2017-18 fiscal year, merging the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan (RGKA), Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS), and National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS).
Eligibility for the Khelo India scheme
To be eligible for the program, participants must be between the ages of 10 and 18. Moreover, a strong passion for sports is a requirement for any child interested in taking part in the Khelo India program.
Benefits under the Scheme
- Financial aid of Rs. 5 lahks annually for 8 years is provided to talented athletes in priority sports disciplines at different levels under the Scheme.
- Around 20 million children aged 10 to 18 will participate in the National Physical Fitness Campaign through this program.
- The program focuses solely on children’s physical fitness, but it also supports fitness-related activities.
- Furthermore, the government has pledged to establish 20 universities as centers of excellence in sports across India.
You may also read this:
- FAME India Scheme: Objectives, Benefits, Challenges
- Vivad se Vishwas Scheme I: Relief for MSMEs impacted by COVID-19
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees