The Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports, Kiren Rijiju has launched the new logo of Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) on 30 September 2020 at Delhi’s Major Dhyan Chand Stadium.
About SAI logo:
- The new logo of SAI features a flying figure which indicates the freedom an athlete to leapfrog his/her career in SAI.
- The figure features Indian Tricolour and blue colour of the chakra.
- The logo signifies SAI’s journey of metamorphosis from identifying and nurturing grassroots level sporting talent to creating sporting excellence in the country.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Director-General of SAI: Sandip Pradhan.
- Sports Authority of India was established in 1984.