In Bhopal, a large statue honouring Amar Shaheed Chandrashekhar Azad will be erected. The statue site will be created as a source of inspiration for young people, with soil from Azad’s hometown of Bhabra being used at its base. On the 116th anniversary of Amar Shaheed Chandrashekhar Azad’s birth, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan spoke at the opening ceremony of the first state-level Youth Mahapanchayat, which was held in Bhopal.
- Anurag Thakur, the Union Minister for Information, Broadcasting, Sports, and Youth Affairs, also spoke to the programme electronically from New Delhi.
- Anurag Thakur, a union minister, added that no challenge is too great for Indian youth. In the next 25 years, he urged the youth to elevate India to the status of Vishwa Guru and work assiduously to create an independent India.
- According to the Chief Minister, the state would offer a total of one lakh government jobs per year, and the hiring process would begin on August 15. Additionally, every month, 2 lakh young people would be involved in self-employment.
- A new youth policy, which would take into account the recommendations of the state’s youth, was announced by Mr. Chouhan and would go into effect on January 12, the anniversary of Swami Vivekananda’s birth.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister for Information, Broadcasting, Sports, and Youth Affairs: Anurag Thakur
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan