The Life Insurance Corporation of India has launched a new non-linked, non-participating, individual savings life insurance plan called Dhan Rekha, it offers special premium rates for female lives. The plan is also allowed for the third gender adding that all benefits under the plan are fully guaranteed. There are special premium rates for female lives. The plan is allowed to Third Gender. All Benefits under the plan are fully guaranteed.
The product has various benefits and unique features:
- Under this plan, the minimum sum assured is Rs 2 lakh, with no upper restriction on the maximum sum assured.
- Depending on the policy term, the minimum age to enter ranges from 90 days to 8 years.
- Depending on the policy term, the maximum age at the entrance can range from 35 to 55 years old.
- The plan can be purchased both offline and online through agents/intermediaries such as POSPLI/Common Public Service Centres (CPSC-SPV) and the website www.licindia.in.
- This plan also includes a loan facility to meet liquidity requirements. Optional riders are available under this plan for an extra price, however, there will be some restrictions, stated LIC.