Lok Sabha (LS) Speaker, Om Birla has launched the one-of-its-kind literary initiative Kalam website of the Prabha Khaitan Foundation (PKF) to support and encourage vernacular literature. The aim of Kalam is to popularize Hindi literature and provide a platform for veteran and young authors and poets to talk about their writings and love for vernacular literature.
About Kalam Initiative:
- Kalam started its journey back in the summer of 2015 in the cities of Jaipur and Patna and has conducted over 550 sessions spread over 40 cities in India and overseas since then.
- Kalam is in sync with the philosophy of our nation – ‘Unity in Diversity’ which is reflected in the tagline of Prabha Khaitan Foundation – ‘Aapne Bhasha Aapne Log’.
About Prabha Khaitan Foundation:
- The Foundation is the custodian of the jewels of literary creations in the Hindi language and Kalam scripts successful sessions enriching the literary heritage of the nation. The hallmarks of Kalam, one of the prized literary verticals of Prabha Khaitan Foundation have a nationwide reach, global identity, and a niche audience.
- It is a non-profit trust founded by the Late Dr Prabha Khaitan in the early 1980s. Based in Kolkata, West Bengal, it is dedicated to promoting performing arts, culture, education, literature, gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Its tagline is ‘Aapne Bhasha Aapne Log’.