Vice President of India, M. Venkiah Naidu has launched India’s first social media super application, “Elyments”. Under Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, more than 1,000 IT professionals came together to create the homegrown application.
About “Elyments App”:
- Elyments is a first Made-in-India social media super-app, developed by Bengaluru-based software company, Sumeru Software Solutions Pvt Ltd, in close competition with similar platforms like Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram.
- India has more than 500 million social media users, but most of these social media platforms are owned by companies outside India, which creates doubt regarding the privacy of data and data ownership.
- Elyments is available in eight languages including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and English.
- The app allows users to stay in touch through a vibrant feed, free audio/video calls, and private/group chats.
- While the app now combines the features of most social media apps, soon the team plans to launch audio/video conference calls, secure payments, regional voice commands and curated commerce platforms to promote Indian brands.