In Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan government has launched a scheme named ‘Ankur’ under which citizens will be awarded for planting trees during monsoon. Citizens taking part in this initiative will be given the Pranvayu Award, to ensure public participation in the programme.
Under the scheme:
- A sapling plantation campaign will be carried out during the monsoon.
- Participants will have to upload a picture while planting the sapling and then upload another photograph after taking care of the sapling for 30 days.
- The winners will then be selected from each district, following a verification, to get the Pranvayu Award.
- Citizens can participate in the tree plantation drive by registering themselves on the Vayudoot app, which has been launched by the state for managing the activities of the “Ankur” program.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan; Governor: Anandiben Patel.