Madhya Pradesh government has launched a 15-day campaign named ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’. Under the campaign awareness programmes were organized in seven thousand 178 settlements. About 35 lakh people from 378 urban bodies in Madhya Pradesh took part in the campaign.
The campaign was divided into five themes:
- Cleanliness Oath
- Continuous reduction in urban waste emissions
- Cleanliness in COVID conditions
- Separation of waste from sources of houses
- Launching a special cleanliness campaign for public places
Under the Gandagi Bharat Chhodo campaign:
- During the campaign, as per the performance of the urban bodies, the best ones were awarded by the chief minister.
- During the campaign over 7 lakh, people took the oath to maintain cleanliness and eight lakh 70 thousand people were approached to make compost from wet waste.
- Four lakh 65 thousand masks were distributed with the help of citizens under the mask awareness campaign.
- About 10,000 Corona Warrior sanitation workers were honoured. A total of 18 thousand 560 challans were made against polythene carry-bags.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan; Governor: Anandiben Patel.