“Mahakal Lok” corridor first phase of Mahakaleshwar Temple in the city of Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, is scheduled to open by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is said that the initiative will improve pilgrims’ experiences and increase tourism in the area. Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, examined the Mahakal Lok’s opening preparations.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Mahakal Lok: All you should know
- The “Mahakal Lok” over 900-meter-long corridor’s first phase was officially opened as part of the $856 million Mahakaleshwar Temple corridor development project.
- The cost to create the corridor was 316 crore.
- The old Rudrasagar Lake, which has also been revitalised as part of the development project around the historic Mahakaleshwar Temple, will be skirted by the Mahakal Lok.
- Two imposing gateways – Nandi Dwar and Pinaki Dwar – have been erected near the beginning of the corridor, which winds its way to the temple’s entrance and provides an aesthetic view along the way.
- A 108-pillar colonnade with artistically carved sandstones has been constructed. On the decorative pillars, artisans and artists primarily from Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Orissa have laboured.
Mahakal Lok: Religious Importance of Mahakaleshwar Temple
- The Mahakal Lok’s main attractions include gushing fountains and a continuous panel of more than 50 murals depicting tales from the “Shiv Puran.”
- The Mahakal Path is lined with a number of religious sculptures illustrating Lord Shiva’s life.
- In the mural along the corridor, stories from the Shiva Purana, including the act of creation, the birth of Ganesha, the tale of Sati and Daksha, and others, are depicted
- Phase two of the corridor’s construction is now in progress. The holding capacity will be increased, and the temple complex will be as well.