Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 81st annual session of the Indian roads Congress in Lucknow. He was accompanied by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath. On the occasion, he highlighted the aims and dreams of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make the Indian economy number one in the world, for which good infrastructure is necessary. The new ideas and initiatives by the IRC will help India to achieve it.
Key Points related to the Indian Roads Congress
- In the inaugural ceremony of the Indian Roads Congress, the Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways said that by 2024 projects worth rupees five lakh crore will start in Uttar Pradesh.
- The road projects worth rupees eight crores have been approved for Uttar Pradesh.
- The road projects include 13 Road Over Bridges with a fund of one thousand crore rupees.
- Nitin Gadkari emphasized the fact that India needs to convert the transport sector which will help the people of India and reduce pollution.
- India will reduce the use of Fossil fuel-run transport systems in the next five years.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath highlighted the importance of safe roads which will decrease road accidents and provide a safer environment.
- Uttar Pradesh will host the 81st Indian Roads Congress in Lucknow from 8th October to 10th October.