Mastercard, as an extension of its flagship campaign ‘Team Cashless India’ along with State Bank of India Payments partnered with the in Lucknow, Guwahati and Varanasi to boost the digital payments infrastructure. During these engagements, Mastercard Team Cashless India volunteers and SBI Payments spoke to micro-merchants about the convenience, safety, and other benefits of accepting digital payments.
The outreach was very well received across cities, generating incredible results:
- In Guwahati, Mastercard collaborates with All Assam’s Restaurant Association (AARA) in line with the Government’s ‘Digital Northeast Vision 2022’ which equips restaurant and hotel owners with a safe, seamless, secure mode of payment to consumers.
- In Lucknow, Mastercard partnered with local transport bodies, including the Auto Rickshaw Association, to enable more than 700 auto-rickshaw drivers to accept digital payments.
- In Varanasi, Mastercard partnered with the Boat Union to encourage over 1,000 members to accept digital payments from tourists and also local shopkeepers committed to digital payments which have increased tourism.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Mastercard Founded: 16 December 1966, United States;
- Mastercard Headquarters: New York, United States;
- Mastercard CEO: Michael Miebach;
- Mastercard Executive Chairman: Ajay Banga.