India’s largest 4G mobile broadband and digital service provider, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. will land the next generation multi-terabit India-Asia-Xpress (IAX) undersea cable system in Hulhumale, Maldives. The high capacity and high-speed IAX system will connect Hulhumale directly with World’s major internet hubs in India and Singapore.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
On the other hand, the India-Europe-Xpress (IEX) system connects Mumbai to Milan, landing in Savona, Italy, and includes additional landings in the Middle East, North Africa, and the Mediterranean. While IAX is expected to be ready for service by the end-2023, IEX will be ready for service in mid-2024.
Key points of Undersea cable systems:
- Undersea cable systems along with data centres support 5G and the digital economy that builds large integrated capacities to enable India’s digital ecosystem.
- This high capacity and the high-speed system will provide more than 200Tb/s of capacity at speeds of 100Gb/s, over 16,000 kilometres.
- Employing open system technology and the latest wavelength switched RoADM/branching units ensures rapid upgrade deployment and the ultimate flexibility to add/drop waves across multiple locations.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Maldives Capital: Male;
- Maldives Currency: Rufiyaa;
- Maldives President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.